XThreeSixty - Where Gamers Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Call of Duty 4 vs. Halo 3 (Any Other Threads About This = Locked)

+7
DaKoolA1dMan
MadMax808
B1acki3
Eldude95
Air Bullet
Dante
Tdawg
11 posters

Go down

Cod4 vs. Halo 3

Call of Duty 4 vs. Halo 3 (Any Other Threads About This = Locked) I_vote_lcap39%Call of Duty 4 vs. Halo 3 (Any Other Threads About This = Locked) I_vote_rcap 39% 
[ 7 ]
Call of Duty 4 vs. Halo 3 (Any Other Threads About This = Locked) I_vote_lcap61%Call of Duty 4 vs. Halo 3 (Any Other Threads About This = Locked) I_vote_rcap 61% 
[ 11 ]

Total Votes : 18

Call of Duty 4 vs. Halo 3 (Any Other Threads About This = Locked) Empty Call of Duty 4 vs. Halo 3 (Any Other Threads About This = Locked)

Post by Tdawg Tue May 27, 2008 12:54 am

I figured we needed one, anyway ALL arguing over this subject MUST stay in this thread.

Have fun! afro

Last edited by Tdawg on Fri May 30, 2008 7:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Tdawg
Tdawg
I WILL DESTROY YOU :K

Male
Number of posts : 239
Gamertag : tdawg0794
Registration date : 2008-05-26

https://x360.forumotion.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Call of Duty 4 vs. Halo 3 (Any Other Threads About This = Locked) Empty Re: Call of Duty 4 vs. Halo 3 (Any Other Threads About This = Locked)

Post by Dante Tue May 27, 2008 1:53 am

I'll list some pros and cons:

Call of Duty 4

Pros:
-Matchmaking that mixes skill
-Tons of gametypes and an organized UI
-Fun, replayable maps that never get old
-No weapons on the map, meaning very little [effective] camping
-Different outfits per class (sniper has gilly suit)
-RPG-style shooter, customize your guns and perks
-Prestige, to further challange while gaining glory
-Challanges, something extra to do while playing
-All guns are potent and powerful, basically no gun is better than another, if used correctly.

Cons:
-In-game host may end game
-Multiplayer based around matchmaking, very little custom gaming on XBL
-Only 3 perks =(
-Often laggy or faulty connections
-Lots of British people (lol, America vs Britain arguements)

Halo 3

Pros-
-Excellent party system, very easy-to-use UI
-Forge
-Theatre
-Custom game customization =)
-Armor varients
-Forge hub on B.Net
-Varied matchmaking
-Numerical ranks and military ranks
-Service tag

Cons-
-Laggy
-Custom games that get very old, real fast
-Often repetetive matchmaking experience
-Ranks mean very little skill diversity during matchmaking
-Unkept promises on the part of Bungie
-the campaign...do i need to explain?
-CAMPING
-Unrealistic weapons and unbalanced distribution on maps
Dante
Dante
Moderator from Hell
Moderator from Hell

Male
Number of posts : 250
Gamertag : UEG Redemption

http://www.unitedxtremegaming.net

Back to top Go down

Call of Duty 4 vs. Halo 3 (Any Other Threads About This = Locked) Empty Re: Call of Duty 4 vs. Halo 3 (Any Other Threads About This = Locked)

Post by Air Bullet Tue May 27, 2008 5:39 am

The main thing that I don't like about COD4 is the lack of LAN capability. My friends and I always have to play Halo if there are more than four people. Also, you can't have guests on COD4, which blows.
Air Bullet
Air Bullet
Omg I'm STILL here?!?! =c

Male
Number of posts : 389
Gamertag : Air Bullet
Registration date : 2008-05-27

http://www.myspace.com/mws888

Back to top Go down

Post by Air Bullet Tue May 27, 2008 5:49 am

Dante wrote:I'll list some pros and cons:

Cons-
-Laggy
-CAMPING
Most of your cons are relative. You say that the Custom games get old, and matchmaking gets boring. I have never been bored by Halo 3. I have good friends that are fun to talk to, and it makes playing halo enjoyable. Wouldn't you rather play with two teams of equally balanced players, rather than one of two people carrying the team? What unkept promises do you speak of?I really liked the campaign. It is fun to play, and the skulls and easter eggs add replayability. Camping is worse in COD4 than Halo 3. In Halo, you have to go somewhere to get a weapon worth camping with. In COD4, you can start with a good weapon, and never leave that spot. Halo 3 is set in the future. It is supposed to have some unrealistic weapons. The weapon disribution is fine. And if you don't like it, go into forge and change it.
Air Bullet
Air Bullet

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldude95 Tue May 27, 2008 5:54 am

Air Bullet wrote:

Cons-
-Laggy
-CAMPING
Most of your cons are relative. You say that the Custom games get old, and matchmaking gets boring. I have never been bored by Halo 3. I have good friends that are fun to talk to, and it makes playing halo enjoyable. Wouldn't you rather play with two teams of equally balanced players, rather than one of two people carrying the team? What unkempt promises do you speak of?I really liked the campaign. It is fun to play, and the skulls and Easter eggs add replayability. Camping is worse in COD4 than Halo 3. In Halo, you have to go somewhere to get a weapon worth camping with. In COD4, you can start with a good weapon, and never leave that spot. Halo 3 is set in the future. It is supposed to have some unrealistic weapons. The weapon distribution is fine. And if you don't like it, go into forge and change it.
Nothing is perfect and everything is relative to something. Imagine if every game was as good as Halo. Halo 3 would be, just another game.
Eldude95
Eldude95
tdawg>me>squirrels
tdawg>me>squirrels

Male
Number of posts : 53
Gamertag : Eldude95

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

Post by Air Bullet Tue May 27, 2008 6:03 am

Eldude95 wrote:
Air Bullet wrote:

Cons-
-Laggy
-CAMPING
Most of your cons are relative. You say that the Custom games get old, and matchmaking gets boring. I have never been bored by Halo 3. I have good friends that are fun to talk to, and it makes playing halo enjoyable. Wouldn't you rather play with two teams of equally balanced players, rather than one of two people carrying the team? What unkempt promises do you speak of?I really liked the campaign. It is fun to play, and the skulls and Easter eggs add replayability. Camping is worse in COD4 than Halo 3. In Halo, you have to go somewhere to get a weapon worth camping with. In COD4, you can start with a good weapon, and never leave that spot. Halo 3 is set in the future. It is supposed to have some unrealistic weapons. The weapon distribution is fine. And if you don't like it, go into forge and change it.
Nothing is perfect and everything is relative to something. Imagine if every game was as good as Halo. Halo 3 would be, just another game.
I'm just saying that all of the cons he stated were opinions. Sorry, bad word choice. Also, not all games are as good as Halo, so it isn't just another game.
Air Bullet
Air Bullet

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldude95 Tue May 27, 2008 6:14 am

I was being figurative, and yes, I know he was using opinions, but so were you.
Eldude95
Eldude95
tdawg>me>squirrels
tdawg>me>squirrels

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Air Bullet Tue May 27, 2008 6:19 am

Yes I was, but I didn't use them as reasons to show that Halo was good. I was just saying that they are not valid reasons to put Halo down, if they are not the same for everyone. That is like me putting COD4 down because I'm not good at it.
Air Bullet
Air Bullet

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldude95 Tue May 27, 2008 6:24 am

Opinions are the one thing that is free, Dante, you owe me $50.
Eldude95
Eldude95
tdawg>me>squirrels
tdawg>me>squirrels

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Air Bullet Wed May 28, 2008 1:21 am

I've been looking at that post for a while eldude, and I can't make head or tail of it. Please elaborate.
Air Bullet
Air Bullet

Male

Back to top Go down

Call of Duty 4 vs. Halo 3 (Any Other Threads About This = Locked) Empty 1 vote for halo 3

Post by B1acki3 Wed May 28, 2008 3:34 am

As for Call of Dookie 4, my thoughts can be read in the COD 4 forum.

Halo 3
Though it may not be perfect, it is still better than the rest. It's hard to imagine not being able to watch replays after a match now. Pretty much everyone is going to need to implement that. That being said, the easiest thing they could do to make Halo 3 even better (since there will never be custom armor or a real map editor ala Time Splitters) in my opinion is change up the weapon starting locations in Slayer every now and again. That alone would instantly freshen things up. If not that, then maybe human weapon playlists and covenant weapon playlists. As for the lag, it really isn't that prevalent in H3 and when it is there, it's one person with a bad connection. If you're running one bar, the players on the other team should have the option to boot you.
B1acki3
B1acki3
tdawg>me>squirrels
tdawg>me>squirrels

Male
Number of posts : 35
Gamertag : B1acki3

Back to top Go down

Post by Air Bullet Wed May 28, 2008 5:38 am

I agree. While custom armor and fully customizable maps would be awesome, it won't happen. Hopefully Bungie will surprise us with something we would never expect.
Air Bullet
Air Bullet

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Thu May 29, 2008 9:12 am

Keep in mind they are totally different games, and borderline different genres.

I like both for similar and different apsects.
Dante
Dante
Moderator from Hell
Moderator from Hell

Male
Number of posts : 250
Gamertag : UEG Redemption

http://www.unitedxtremegaming.net

Back to top Go down

Post by MadMax808 Thu May 29, 2008 10:40 am

Dante wrote:I like both for similar and different apsects.
i agree with you Dante. I really enjoy both games, actually (along with many other FPSs) because both are very different from each other. granted, its been some time since i got down on some CoD, but thats part of being in school, and trying to juggle making progress on all my other games....

my only gripe about CoD, and correct me if i'm wrong, but when playing on Live, you get matched with players that aren't even close to your skill. when i first started playing, when i was a rank 1 up to about 5, i was playing people level 25 and higher, almost every game. but now that i'm better at the game than when i first started out, i can handle myself much better in these games.
I do like the ranking system on CoD, much moreso than i do the TrueSkill system that MS/Bungie used for Halo 3. the CoD style lets you rank up eventually no matter what, not so much in Halo. i've read about the Halo 2 ranking sytem, which apparently was different, but i never played Halo 2 online, so i can't say anything objective about it, but a lot of people seemed to like it better.

ps; everytime i see Dante, i think of Dante from the movie Clerks. if you haven't seen it, rent it/buy it. greatest movie ever.
MadMax808
MadMax808
2 stars is BEAST =D
2 stars is BEAST =D

Male
Number of posts : 132
Gamertag : MadMax808
Registration date : 2008-05-29

http://pearlywhitemod.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Air Bullet Thu May 29, 2008 10:44 am

MadMax808 wrote:
Dante wrote:I like both for similar and different apsects.
i agree with you Dante. I really enjoy both games, actually (along with many other FPSs) because both are very different from each other. granted, its been some time since i got down on some CoD, but thats part of being in school, and trying to juggle making progress on all my other games....

my only gripe about CoD, and correct me if i'm wrong, but when playing on Live, you get matched with players that aren't even close to your skill. when i first started playing, when i was a rank 1 up to about 5, i was playing people level 25 and higher, almost every game. but now that i'm better at the game than when i first started out, i can handle myself much better in these games.
I do like the ranking system on CoD, much moreso than i do the TrueSkill system that MS/Bungie used for Halo 3. the CoD style lets you rank up eventually no matter what, not so much in Halo. i've read about the Halo 2 ranking sytem, which apparently was different, but i never played Halo 2 online, so i can't say anything objective about it, but a lot of people seemed to like it better.

ps; everytime i see Dante, i think of Dante from the movie Clerks. if you haven't seen it, rent it/buy it. greatest movie ever.
I personally like the truskill better. It actually shows how well you play, instead of how much you play.
Air Bullet
Air Bullet

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by DaKoolA1dMan Fri May 30, 2008 6:59 am

Personally I like Call of Duty better simply because it has more replay value. The ability to unlock perks, camos, Prestiges and attachments makes it a continous cycle.
DaKoolA1dMan
DaKoolA1dMan
2 stars is BEAST =D
2 stars is BEAST =D

Male
Number of posts : 169
Gamertag : DaKoolA1dMan
Registration date : 2008-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Air Bullet Fri May 30, 2008 7:08 am

DaKoolA1dMan wrote:Personally I like Call of Duty better simply because it has more replay value. The ability to unlock perks, camos, Prestiges and attachments makes it a continous cycle.
Yeah, but once you prestige, you don't get anything new. Just the stuff you already had... Suspect
Air Bullet
Air Bullet

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Tdawg Fri May 30, 2008 7:09 am

But you get a totally schweet emblem!
Tdawg
Tdawg

Male
Number of posts : 239
Gamertag : tdawg0794

https://x360.forumotion.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Air Bullet Fri May 30, 2008 7:10 am

Emblem schmemblem.
Just so you know I can't type worth anything tonight, so I will have a lot of edits. Embarassed
Air Bullet
Air Bullet

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Argonautica Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:43 am

i like them both. Complete different games, different gameplay, etc. its one thing to compare them, but to say one is better than the other is just fallacy.
Argonautica
Argonautica

Male
Number of posts : 457
Gamertag : Argonautica
Registration date : 2008-06-01

https://x360.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by shabenya Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:31 pm

i can't vote. I love halo 3's online, but i like CoD4's campaign more.
CoD4 has cooler guns (my favorite are P90 and USP .45)
halo has faster people, more health, and REALLY cheap guns
so i can't decide. Sad
shabenya
shabenya
2 stars is BEAST =D
2 stars is BEAST =D

Number of posts : 158
Gamertag : shabenya
Registration date : 2008-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Havok Se7en Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:29 am

Alright guys, Halo 3 and COD 4 are great games in different ways.

/thread
Havok Se7en
Havok Se7en
7th step to World Domination
7th step to World Domination

Male
Number of posts : 143
Gamertag : Havok Se7en

Back to top Go down

Post by casemeister16 Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:25 am

Why can't we say that both are awesome games...
casemeister16
casemeister16
tdawg>me>squirrels
tdawg>me>squirrels

Male
Number of posts : 95
Gamertag : FSC Stealth
Registration date : 2008-05-28

http://www.freewebs.com/halo3fsc

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down